What Do Volunteers Do?
Our volunteers at the Ranch do a variety of projects – including upkeep of enclosures, yard work and landscaping, cleaning and preparation of residents’ food items, guiding tours, and much, much more. We also have our Thrift Store that needs volunteers…a perfect opportunity for the person who needs to be inside from the Florida heat, or just loves to help out with retail! Thrift Store volunteers help with selling items, cleaning, and organizing the store.
- You must be at least 18 years old OR, if volunteering for “school community service hours”, volunteers may be 16 years old but must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- You must be able to volunteer at least 8 hours a month to be an “active” volunteer.
- Before volunteering, all paperwork and appropriate documentation (see below) must be completed and turned into our Volunteer Coordinator.
How to Become a Volunteer (meeting, documentation)
Join us for a Volunteer Meeting on the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM. At the meeting, please bring:
- Completed Volunteer Form (download here)
- Complete Background Check (link here) (This cost is to be absorbed by the volunteer and totals $15.30.)
- Drivers license or official form of ID
- $20 (cash or check) for your shirt and volunteer badge
If you have further questions not answered here or on the volunteer form, please us the following contact form. We will respond to your inquiry within a few days.
We would like to thank ShiftPlanning.com for allowing Catty Shack to use their planning website to track volunteer hours. Please note: our volunteer coordinator will set up all volunteer accounts; volunteers do not need to set up an individual account with ShiftPlanning.