What Do Volunteers Do?
Our volunteers at the Ranch do a variety of projects – including upkeep of enclosures, yard work and landscaping, cleaning and preparation of residents’ food items, guiding tours, and much, much more. We also have our Thrift Store that needs volunteers…a perfect opportunity for the person who needs to be inside from the Florida heat, or just loves to help out with retail! Thrift Store volunteers help with selling items, cleaning, and organizing the store.
- You must be at least 18 years old OR, if volunteering for “school community service hours”, volunteers may be 16 years old but must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- You must be able to volunteer at least 8 hours a month to be an “active” volunteer.
- Before volunteering, all paperwork and appropriate documentation (see below) must be completed and turned into our Volunteer Coordinator.
How to Become a Volunteer
Join us for a Volunteer Meeting on the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM. At the meeting, please have completed and bring:
- Completed Volunteer Application Click Here
- Complete Background Check Click Here
- (This cost is to be absorbed by the volunteer and totals $15.30.)
- Drivers license or official form of ID
- $20 (cash or check) for your shirt and volunteer badge
If you have further questions not answered here or on the volunteer application, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Jordan@cattyshack.com. We will respond to your inquiry within a 48 hours.
If you are a current volunteer, you may login here. You can view upcoming events, sign up to volunteer, check your notifications, edit your personal information and stay informed and updated on the latest volunteer news!
Corporate Volunteer Events
Thank you for your interest in a team-building event at Catty Shack for a day! Corporate volunteer events fill up fast so it is best to request your date 3-4 months in advance. We plan a beautification project for groups that may include painting enclosures, landscaping and light construction on new cabins/enclosures, to name a few. We have a maximum of 15 volunteers per event and the age limit is 18 years old.
To request more information or schedule your corporate volunteer event, please complete the following contact form. We will respond to your inquiry within a 48 hours.
<iframe src=”https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/?from=261530&embedded=on” style=”height:400px;width:800px”>
We would like to thank ShiftPlanning.com for allowing Catty Shack to use their planning website to track volunteer hours. Please note: our volunteer coordinator will set up all volunteer accounts; volunteers do not need to set up an individual account with ShiftPlanning.